Pool water is routed through the sand-filled pressure vessel. The sand traps particles so small they are undetectable to the naked eye. Over time, dirt accumulates in the spaces between the sand particles, causing the pressure in the vessel to rise. This signals you to “backwash” the filter. Simply reverse the water flow and “knock out” the dirt.
Pool filter operation doesn't come any easier. The multi-port valve puts all filter functions right at your fingertips—just rotate the handle to the desired position and the Leisuretime filter does the rest for sure and simple operation.
Features and Benefits:
- Spun-woven fibreglass construction for exceptional strength, chemical resistance and long life.
- UV resistant tank.
- Stainless steel clamp for corrosion resistance and allows 360 degree rotation of multi-port valve to simplify installation.
- Top diffuser ensures even distribution of water over the top of the sand bed.
- Top mount 6-function 1½” or 2” multi-port valve features a pressure gauge, sight glass and manual air relief for optimum filtration efficiency. Large capacity 28” models is available with a 2” valve.
- Internal design ensures that water is exposed to maximum sand surface area for superior filtration performance and efficient backwashing.
- Max working pressure: 250KPA
- Max working/ambient temperature: 50ºC
- Max water temperature: 43ºC
- Silica sand size: 0.5 – 0.8mm
- Filter body: Spun woven fibreglass
- Internal liner: HDPE
- Base: PP
- Clamp band: 304 SS
- Laterals/Hub: PVC/ABS composite
- Stem pipe: PVC
- MPV: ABS
- O Rings: NBR
10 year warranty is pro-rata. 100% replacement value from 0-5 years from purchase, 50% replacement value from 5-10 years from purchase date. This applies to sand filter tank. MPV, and laterals are warranted for 1 year only.